This quiz gives you a bigger insight into America’s food and drink. When we think of American food, the first things that come to mind is grilling, get-togethers, hamburgers, French Fries and a good beer. Yet what about the other items that make American food and drinks great? Try this quiz out, the answers are at the bottom. If there are some other items you think should be added, feel free to comment. 🙂
- What is a Smorgasbord?
- An “all-you-can-eat restaurant” and/or a restaurant that offers an “all you can eat” buffet
- A Norwegian sandwich
- Food that is sold at a convenient store
- What is a potluck dinner?
- A meal that is cooked in a big pot
- Whoever is lucky gets to eat first
- An event where everyone can bring some food and drink to share with others
- What is egg nog?
- Another word for pancake
- A drink consisting of eggs, milk/cream, sugar, spices and sometimes alcohol (mainly rum)
- A sweet bread with eight eggs.
- Egg nog translated into German would be similar to which drink?
- What does a yam refer to?
- People whining (D: Jammern)
- People enjoying food (Yum Yum!!)
- Sweet potato
- Jell-O in America is a special pudding. What is it, exactly?
- Créme Brulette
- Wiggle-Pudding (D: Wackelpudding)
- Creme pudding
- When visiting America, what kind of restaurants would you normally not find in towns or along the highway?
- One that serves hamburgers
- One that serves hotdogs
- One that serves wasabi
- One that serves pizza
- What ingredient does NOT go into chili con carne?
- black beans
- What food is normally NOT used in an eating contest in America?
- Hot dog
- Chili con carne
- Which main dish is universally served for the holidays, regardless of which one?
- Roast Beef
- Root beer is referred to which type of drink?
- Dark beer
- Light beer with 10% alcohol
- A sweet drink flavored with roots and different spices
- What goes in a root beer float?
- Ice cream
- Vanilla Pudding
- Smores is what kind of desert?
- Ice cream shake
- Sandwich with a melted marshmallow and chocolate on a graham cracker
- Oreo sandwich with ice cream.
- What’s an ice cream sundae?
- Ice cream that is eaten on Sundays
- Ice cream that is eaten in a glass dish with chocolate, sometimes strawberry cream and a cherry on top.
- Ice cream that is fried
- What’s a banana split (in terms of food)?
- A wrestling move where you pin the person but also by splitting his/her legs in the process
- An ice cream desert where ice cream and different toppings are served on a banana that is cut in half.
- A Chinese method of cutting a fruit or vegetable with a butcher’s knife.
- a 2. c. 3. b. 4. a. 5. c. 6. b. 7. c. 8. c. 9. c. 10. b. 11. c. 12. b. 13. b. 14. b. 15. b.