Visiting Heilstätte Grabowsee — Coffee & an Atlas

Just outside of Berlin, Heilstätte Grabowsee is a 34-hectare complex which was originally built in 1896 to care for the rising number of tuberculosis patients coming from Berlin. The clinic survived both WWI and WWII, as well as the Soviet occupation. However, after the Soviets left in 1995, the rather impressive lakeside complex slowly fell into a state of disrepair. Today, the only inhabitants are a quirky Bavarian landscaper named Bernhard and his loyal German shepherd who, together, take care of this listed heritage site.

Visiting Heilstätte Grabowsee — Coffee & an Atlas